Monday, September 7, 2009

I'll Be Good, I Will!I Will!

Too much time has passed since the last entry and guilt is eating away at me. What's more, today is Labor Day in the U.S.A., and I feel as if I must do some work. I have been remiss, and in the long-remembered promise of the childhood hero pictured at right: "I'll be good, I will, I will."

Caveat: Froggy the Gremlin was a notorious liar.


I am adding a link at right for those who might wish to test themselves as agricultural workers here in Argentina: http://www.wwoofargentina.com/. This link will be placed permanently om the site sidebar as well. I may include the Catacombs as a host farm at some point, but I am not quite ready to do so. Persuade me!

I am hoping against hope that the cold south wind will die down and tonight's threatened frost not occur, as all my fruit trees are in glorious blossom, the veggies growing like mad, and there is much work to be done here. In fact, the chores have kept me from the computer these past two weeks, about which I'm not complaining, mind: it's healthy!

Things out in the wider world seem to be worsening weekly, folks, and I'm redoubling my preparations for what I expect to be some hard times ahead.

1 comment:

  1. Funny thing about labor day, Argentina has like 15 labor days. :P

    Well, I reckon the world will vomit and it'll be pretty gnarly. With this swine flu operation looming I'm rather glad I live outside the USA. Sure, things could go royally to hell in Buenos Aires, but at least I won't be herded into internment camps and forceably jabbed.

    ReplyDelete